Total Pageviews

Friday 12 August 2011

Favrit fings, Gibson Jimi Page Les Paul

Most Treasured Possession. In 2001 I went to visit mi bruvva in Chilie. He promised to show us awl the ancient sites such as the Diaguitas Peublo Del Norte Verde, the Nayarit Colima Jalisco of the Toltec expansion, the Tamaco Tolita of Puerto Hormiga origins and the Jamacaque Bahia Guangala Capuli Piatal Tunchahuan culminating into the Chavin influence, but also we were to travel to the north to the land of  San Pedro de Atacama to witness the eerily unique sunrise ovva the geysers at El Tatio, an’ in the foothills of the Andes the circling, enormous, menacin’ condors an’ the painfully timid grazin’ Guanacos, Vicunas, Llamas an’ Alpacos. Wot a load of old bollox. But, luckily whilst on sneaky trip to the local town of La Serena I spotted a crumbly old music shop sellin’ mainly crap guitars but foa some strange reason they had two Gibsons in the window. On closer inspection I noticed that they had got the prices in the wrong order. The Les Paul Standard bein’ priced at 850 whilst the Les Paul Special was 1100. I couldn’t resist an even closer look at this stage so I went into the shop an’ requested to play ‘em both. Fackin’ ‘ell I fort, this Standard is not just any old Standard but a Jimmi Page Custom shop model worf abawt £3000 at ‘ome. Betta still when I did the deal wiv the dumb shop owna I chipped him daan a bit becawse it hadn’t got a case. Annuvva tasty part was that mi bruvva bought it froo ‘is company so I didn’t pay the Chilean VAT. I managed to smuggle it back to the UK via Paris an’ the entire deal cost mi 650 quid, sweet oa wot. I’ve nevva played the guitar becawse I’m frightened to scratch it, but it is still one my most treasured possessions.    

No comments: